Possible to include a tarball on LFS6.1-3?

Roger Merchberger zmerch at 30below.com
Wed Aug 10 09:56:40 PDT 2005

Rumor has it that Jeremy Huntwork may have mentioned these words:
>On Tue, Aug 09, 2005 at 06:12:14PM -0400, Roger Merchberger wrote:
> > Oh LiveCD Maintainers:

[snippety]

>I'm not sure there was going to be a 6.1-3 CD.

Ah. The way I read the chatter, is that it was pretty much a given -- I
guess I interpreted that wrong. ;-)

>  I suppose I should fix all
>the known bugs with 6.1-2 and make a 6.1-3, but I haven't had the time to
>get that all together. If anyone has the energy to go through this list's
>recent posts, download the tagged 6.1-2 build scripts, make the changes
>and submit a diff (Roger you up for this?)

Diff I can do, I might be able to do what you asked in the next few days...

... However, I'm still wrapping my brain around this SVN jazz.

Things I've figured out so far:

1) livecd/x86/trunk isn't everything needed to actually *make* a LiveCD. Do
I need to checkout the livecd/x86/branches *first*, then grab the
livecd/x86/trunk?

2) Unforch, the LiveCD can't be used to actually build a LiveCD! (well, not
without a lot of consternation and gnashing of teeth...) After checking out
the /trunk, I tried running make (despite the fact that it seemed a
rather... "small" download process which makes me think not everything's
there I need) and the first thing that popped up was:

Please update your host kernel to version 2.6.12.3.
make: *** [test-host] Error 1

So I'm going to have to build something with a newer kernel than what the
LiveCD has on tap -- will a *newer* kernel work, or should I grab 2.6.12.3?

>  and submit them for review, we
>could look at producing a 6.1-3 iso.

If I could get the build process functioning, I'd be happy to build the
.iso once everything's finalized...

>Also, I know I need to lead by example here, but again, a reminder that we
>need to start using Bugzilla more to keep track of our TODOs and reported
>bugs.

Sheesh... first Makefiles, then SVN, now you want me to learn bugzilla
*too*? Yer a bad influence on me... ;-)

[[ Where would one go to start using said bugzilla? Is it web-based? ]]

Laterz,
Roger "Merch" Merchberger

--
Roger "Merch" Merchberger   | "Profile, don't speculate."
SysAdmin, Iceberg Computers |     Daniel J. Bernstein