Possible to include a tarball on LFS6.1-3?

Jeremy Huntwork jhuntwork at linuxfromscratch.org
Wed Aug 10 08:50:52 PDT 2005

On Tue, Aug 09, 2005 at 06:12:14PM -0400, Roger Merchberger wrote:
> Oh LiveCD Maintainers:
>
> When (about) do you think the LFS LiveCD 6.1-3 .iso is going to be ready
> for primetime? Would it be possible for me to tarball up all the diffs & a
> script to modify the nALFS profile necessary for distributed compiling? I
> can prolly have it done by the weekend, but if it's simple enough, it might
> even tomorrow afternoon...

I'm not sure there was going to be a 6.1-3 CD. I suppose I should fix all
the known bugs with 6.1-2 and make a 6.1-3, but I haven't had the time to
get that all together. If anyone has the energy to go through this list's
recent posts, download the tagged 6.1-2 build scripts, make the changes
and submit a diff (Roger you up for this?) and submit them for review, we
could look at producing a 6.1-3 iso.

Alexander, Justin, Thomas, any thoughts?

Also, I know I need to lead by example here, but again, a reminder that we
need to start using Bugzilla more to keep track of our TODOs and reported
bugs.

Thanks.