Possible to include a tarball on LFS6.1-3?

Roger Merchberger zmerch at 30below.com
Tue Aug 9 15:12:14 PDT 2005

Oh LiveCD Maintainers:

When (about) do you think the LFS LiveCD 6.1-3 .iso is going to be ready
for primetime? Would it be possible for me to tarball up all the diffs & a
script to modify the nALFS profile necessary for distributed compiling? I
can prolly have it done by the weekend, but if it's simple enough, it might
even tomorrow afternoon...

I'm thinking just a readme & a tarball with a bash script similar to
net-setup (assuming I have permission to use it for a template) that can
prompt the user for the necessary information, start up the distccd daemon,
then inform the user when they can finish adjusting general.ent by hand,
then they'd be ready to start nALFS and zooming!

[[ I have yet to make a full build (maybe tonite) with distcc, but if
there's scripts and diffs and patches (oh my! ;-) maybe more people would
tinker with the possibility of speeding up their LFS builds... ]]

Anyway, please let me know!
Thanks,
Roger "Merch" Merchberger

--
Roger "Merch" Merchberger  --  SysAdmin, Iceberg Computers
zmerch at 30below.com

Hi! I am a .signature virus.  Copy me into your .signature to join in!