nALFS location on livecd

Jeremy Huntwork jhuntwork at linuxfromscratch.org
Tue Aug 9 11:08:58 PDT 2005

On Tue, Aug 09, 2005 at 12:03:21PM -0600, Gerard Beekmans wrote:
> The provided nALFS profiles assume /usr/local/bin/nALFS but the livecd
> installed it in /usr/bin so we have to edit the runit.sh script to
> change that. You might want to consider changing that so saving the
> users the hassle.

Yeah, that was reported a day or so ago as well. We can definitely work to
sort that one out (on the CD if necessary) but IMHO, I think it's
something that should be changed in all of the nALFS profiles in the ALFS
repo.  LFS and/or
BLFS never use /usr/local (to my knowlegdge) so I don't see why nALFS
profiles should assume a location of /usr/local/bin. Even just using
'nALFS' and letting the shell search the $PATH for it is better.