additional modules + "find" bug

Alexander E. Patrakov patrakov at ums.usu.ru
Mon Aug 8 20:23:45 PDT 2005

Gerard Beekmans wrote:
> Hey guys,
>
> Using livecd version 6.1-2
>
> First off, can't run find on /lib/modules/
>
> warning about hardlink count being wrong, might be an issue with the
> squas filesystem.

Wrong hardlink count is a unionfs bug. There's also a
/lib/modules/2.6.11.12/kernel ->
/dev/dhm/.cdrom/lib/modules/2.6.11.12/kernel symlink in place to work
around another unionfs bug. An alternative solution for a fully-writable
CD, not based on unionfs, is under development, the showstopper now is
that the proposed plan (ext2 fs on cowloop on cloop) breaks the
possibility to customize the CD contents.

> I'm running this in VMware with a LSI Logic / Symbios Logic 53c1030 SCSI
> adapter which isn't recognized by the driver. I don't have time to debug
> it, I just wanted to test this livecd version without using real
> hardware that I dont have readily available. Anybody know if this is a
> known issue? I can recreate the virtual machine and use IDE instead of
> SCSI (it's just that SCSI is recommended and default).

This is a stupid typo fixed in r351. Not sure if it went into the
official 6.1-2 ISO (if not, a 6.1-3 ISO should be made).

SCSI CD-ROMs should work with the utf8 ISO, but please recheck it in
VMware anyway.