r554 - x86/trunk/scripts

Justin R. Knierim lfs at lfs-matrix.net
Mon Aug 8 16:45:40 PDT 2005

justin at linuxfromscratch.org wrote:

>Author: justin
>Date: 2005-08-08 17:38:25 -0600 (Mon, 08 Aug 2005)
>New Revision: 554
>
>Modified:
>   x86/trunk/scripts/net-setup
>Log:
>Updated net-setup to utilize dialog forms, to not require a gateway and error correction with dialog messages.

Hi guys,

I wasn't able to finish the complete script yet, but thought I would
commit a part I have finished for comment.  At the moment, the script is
somewhat like before, except no more "read"'s to get data.  All is done
with "dialog --forms" and seems to work well here.  After the form is
ok'ed, the data is verified, and if an error is found, it returns back
to the form so it may be corrected.

Hopefully I am not putting _too much_ effort into such a little script.  ;)

Anyways, I am about halfway done with the second part, where one can
configure a ppp device (modem, gprs, etc) and dial/hang up.  It should
be finished in a couple days or so.

Thanks for any input you guys can give on the script.  The easiest way
to test, of course and I am sure you already know, is to start the
livecd and copy the net-setup from the svn repo.

Justin