unionfs?

Alexander E. Patrakov patrakov at ums.usu.ru
Tue Apr 26 08:22:57 PDT 2005

Jeremy Huntwork wrote:

> Hrm. Okay... Now I've applied all your patches, including the unionfs
> Makefile, built the iso completely, and tested it both in qemu, and as a
> cd-rw.  Each time, the kernel hangs after it frees about 444k of Memory.
> No error message, it just hangs.  Any ideas?

I have put a "sleep 5" in the /init, to give SCSI controllers some time to
settle. If you have waited more than 5 seconds and don't see kernel panic due
to killing init, that's really something strange.

Does this problem persist when you don't apply reiser4 patches (the only thing
that is different between our kernels) and/or with the pre-built "magic
binary blob" initramfs? If it does, it may be a good idea to mail me your
bzImage and initramfs_data.cpio.gz  privately.