unionfs?

Alexander E. Patrakov patrakov at ums.usu.ru
Mon Apr 25 06:18:43 PDT 2005

subs at afortier.com wrote:

> Later on, would it be possible to put the livecd on a
> USB stick partition for example (like /dev/sda1) and boot from it.
> (Assuming the BIOS can do it, and the USB stick is big enough.)

I don't have any USB storage except my MP3 player (HANBit XDRUM XD-405, in
fact it is not good enough for its price, but still useful). Although this
storage device can be used for arbitrary files, not only MP3s, I am not sure
if making /dev/sda1 bootable is possible without damaging the player. I don't
even know how all other bootable USB sticks are organized. So please ask
someone else.