USB Stick

Jeremy Huntwork jhuntwork at linuxfromscratch.org
Thu Apr 21 06:15:02 PDT 2005

subs at afortier.com wrote:

> Hi,  First of all, I would to thank everyone involved in making this
> livecd.  I used it to build the LFS6. It worked very well.

Good to hear. :)

> Just a question. :)
>
> Would it be possible to install this livecd on a USB Stick?
>
> I tried to load it from a USB CDROM drive.  It booted the kernel, but
> it could not find the the liveCD.  I got this error.
> "I couldn't find an LFS LiveCD in any drive!!"
> I guess the USB modules are missing.

Well, actually, the problem was likely that the drivers *were* modules,
and at that early stage in the boot modules couldn't be loaded. On the
development version of the livecd, (currently
lfslivecd-x86-6.1-1-pre2.iso) the USB storage driver is built directly
into the kernel, so this should allow the kernel to detect your usb
drive at that early stage. Hope this helps...

--
Jeremy Huntwork