Bug Reports and Requests pre2

Jeremy Huntwork jhuntwork at linuxfromscratch.org
Sun Apr 17 06:17:24 PDT 2005

matthew at darcy.demon.co.uk wrote:

> Hello there,
>
> thought I'd drop in two bug reports for the pre2 live cd, and one request.
>
> Bug reports.
>
> There is already in existance /etc/sysconfig/network-devices/ifconfig.eth0 file
> so when you do a net-setup it sometimes cannot remove this file to replace it with a directory called ifconfig.eth0
>
> There is no sshd user so when you do an sshd start it complains about no user and fails to start

Both of these are known and will be fixed for the pre3 cd, which should
be out in a few days. Not sure why the sshd user gets dropped, because
my build scripts have always created it. But I'll definitely sort that
one out. Thanks for the report, though. :)

> Requests
>
> Please include suppot for raid 0+1 and 5 on the livce cd's so that raid systems can be repaired direct on the meta devices.

Should be on the next cd as well :)

Thanks again,

--
Jeremy H.