Creating a Framework

Jeremy Huntwork jhuntwork at linuxfromscratch.org
Mon Dec 20 10:51:33 PST 2004

Hi all,

As you may have noticed, I've been adding content to the livecd's
Subversion repository.  There's not much there, but it can be viewed here:

http://svn.linuxfromscratch.org/viewcvs.cgi/trunk/?root=livecd

or you can always check it out to your local mahine:

svc co svn://svn.linuxfromscratch.org/livecd

Currently, all that's in the repo is an initramfs dir with an init.c
file and a Makefile which will produce an initramfs image to be added to
a 2.6 kernel, and a README file that is documenting the basic procedure
for building an official livecd.

What I'd like to hear from you all, is any suggestions on what you feel
would be the best way to allow for contributors to this project.
Currently, all I have in mind is to keep static files, i.e., scripts,
initramfs, configuration files in the repository, so that we can be sure
that all cd's built will be configured in the same way.

I'll be continuing to add to the repo as time goes on, but feel free to
comment or offer suggestions at any point.

--
Jeremy Huntwork