[lfs-support] LSF Package wget

Mcgroder, James james.mcgroder at hp.com
Sun Mar 30 17:21:28 PDT 2014

Friday, March 28, 2014 3:24 PM Bruce wrote:
> > ftp://ftp.lfs-matrix.net/pub/lfs/lfs-packages/7.5/ wget-list
>>                                                                                                     ^ Is there a space here or is that a typo?
yea, it was a typo - space in a file name is a no-no :)

Friday, March 28, 2014 5:00 PM ahk wrote:

>>> ISTR that kernel.org might try to do an https transaction, and fail of the relevant info is not
>>> passed from/via wget to it; you should be able to see it if you log wget's run - '-o dwnld.log'
>>> or shell redirections.
>>>  And ISTR that there's roughly 6 or so cases of that.

Examination of the WGET log shows that is precisely what is happening...

 Sunday, March 30, 2014 9:01 AM William Harrington wrote:
> [...]
Thank you for the details proper certification set up... decided to pull down the tar
package file for now so I can get on with build. Will definitely circle back to setting
up proper certification at some point. The no-check-certificate is also nice to have
in the hip pocket...

--
Thanks again to all for the help,
Jim