[lfs-support] Brand new and confused. Mostly about the 7.5 book.

Al Szymanski aszy at mac.com
Sun Mar 30 14:57:22 PDT 2014

Thank you all for your rapid responses. In specific, Aleksandar asked:
> Are these numbers your own estimates, or did you pick them up
> somewhere? I'm asking because they overestimate.

These numbers came directly from the 7.5 book; 2.2.1.1. through 2.2.1.3 : pages 12 and 13.

On a related topic : if I find an error in the 7.5 book, to whom should the notice go?
In the process of downloading each of the required parts, I found that the source site for Bzip2 failed. I used the Google code search and found it just fine.
I also created a curl script to make the downloading mostly a bulk job with the exceptions of the files that come from SourceForge - can't curl them.
Al