[lfs-support] Brand new and confused. Mostly about the 7.5 book.

Aleksandar Kuktin akuktin at gmail.com
Sun Mar 30 14:31:59 PDT 2014

>On Sun, 30 Mar 2014 14:05:50 -0700
>Al Szymanski <aszy at mac.com> wrote:
>
> I am just trying to figure out the overall smallest size of hard
> drive space needed for all of the partitions. My sums from the 7.5
> book come to 80 Gig plus whatever space I want for /home .

> [ suggested partition sizes:
> 	root LFS 10Gig
>       /usr/src 30-50Gig
>           /opt 5-10Gig
>           /usr 5Gig
>	    /tmp <5Gig
>	    swap 2xRAM
>	   /boot 100Meg
>                =~81Gig ]

Are these numbers your own estimates, or did you pick them up
somewhere? I'm asking because they overestimate. In particular, the line
for /usr/src seems way too big. My own tarball dir (which cotains
everything I build) is 2.7 GB, almost ten times smaller that your low
estimate.

--
Svi moji e-mailovi su kriptografski potpisani. Proverite ih.
All of my e-mails are cryptographically signed. Verify them.