[lfs-support] Brand new and confused. Mostly about the 7.5 book.

Al Szymanski aszy at mac.com
Sun Mar 30 14:05:50 PDT 2014

I am just trying to figure out the overall smallest size of hard drive space needed for all of the partitions.
My sums from the 7.5 book come to 80 Gig plus whatever space I want for /home .

[ suggested partition sizes:
	root LFS 10Gig	  /usr/src 30-50Gig	 /opt 5-10Gig	  /usr 5Gig	  /tmp <5Gig	  swap 2xRAM	  /boot 100Meg	 =~81Gig
]

The online version of the book says, "A minimal system requires a partition of around 2.8 gigabytes (GB)." in 2.2 .
I've 30Gig available on the host system, and have a 30 Gig drive that I was planning on using to start my LFS system, but now think that I can not get what's needed on a small drive.

So... how small a drive can I do LFS with?  Thanks and I hope to not be a bother in the future.
Al