[lfs-support] LSF Package wget

William Harrington kb0iic at berzerkula.org
Sun Mar 30 06:00:33 PDT 2014

On Mar 30, 2014, at 5:51 AM, Andrew Barnes wrote:

> I've found that one or two downloads tend to be https and if you add
> something like --no-check-certificates on your wget command line
> then it works.

That's one way to do it.

If a user sets up their certifications properly with their system,
then wget won't complain.

Example for BLFS wget and CA certs:

http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/blfs/view/svn/postlfs/cacerts.html

wgetrc configuration should have a location for the certs:

ca-directory=/etc/ssl/certs

For host OS's which don't have any of the above or aren't updated, the
user may want to do that, otherwise the --no-check-certificates option
may be required.

Refer to http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/bug-wget/2013-12/msg00012.html
  for a discussion about this specific issue.

Sincerely,

William Harrington