[lfs-support] LSF Package wget

akhiezer lfs65 at cruziero.com
Fri Mar 28 13:59:38 PDT 2014

> From: "Mcgroder, James" <james.mcgroder at hp.com>
> To: "lfs-support at linuxfromscratch.org" <lfs-support at linuxfromscratch.org>
> Date: Fri, 28 Mar 2014 19:05:27 +0000
> Subject: [lfs-support] LSF Package wget
>
> Working through my 1st LFS build and  wget seems to have missed some files
> listed in the wget-list file.  I got the wget-list from
> ftp://ftp.lfs-matrix.net/pub/lfs/lfs-packages/7.5/ wget-list
>
> Here is an example of one that appears in the file that was not present in $LFS/sources:
>
> mcgroder at JMCGRODER ~/lfs
> $ grep linux-3.13  wget-list
> http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/v3.x/linux-3.13.3.tar.xz
>                   md5sum:............................................ linux-3.13.3.tar.xz: No such file or directory
>
> There are half a dozen or so missing... is this operator error or a problem with the mirror site(s)?

ISTR that kernel.org might try to do an https transaction, and fail of
the relevant info is not passed from/via wget to it; you should be able
to see it if you log wget's run - '-o dwnld.log' or shell redirections.

And ISTR that there's roughly 6 or so cases of that.

And ISTR that a gordian-knot workaround is to download from lfs archive,
per book details.

Apols if am recalling incorrectly and if this is thus noise.

hth,

akh