[lfs-support] 6.17. GCC-4.8.1 - Linker search paths

Ken Moffat zarniwhoop at ntlworld.com
Mon Sep 30 20:09:10 PDT 2013

On Tue, Oct 01, 2013 at 03:27:22PM +1300, Craig Magee wrote:
> High folks,
>
> I'm building 7.4 Stable in 64-bit.
> GCC compiled, checked, and installed.  The dummy file compiles.  Tests show
> search paths for correct places for header files.
>
> However, grep 'SEARCH.*/usr/lib' dummy.log |sed 's|; |\n|g' returns only:
> SEARCH_DIR("/usr/lib")
> SEARCH_DIR("/lib");
>
> while the book tells me to expect:
> SEARCH_DIR("/usr/x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu/lib64")
> SEARCH_DIR("/usr/local/lib64")
> SEARCH_DIR("/lib64")
> SEARCH_DIR("/usr/lib64")
> SEARCH_DIR("/usr/x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu/lib")
> SEARCH_DIR("/usr/local/lib")
> SEARCH_DIR("/lib")
> SEARCH_DIR("/usr/lib");
>
> Any advice on where I went wrong would be greatly appreciated.
>
> Thanks.

 Does the book tell you to expect that ?  My local copy of 7.4 says
that your results are correct.  I think you might have been looking
at a different version of the book, or a different page, along the
way.  In particular, that grep for '.*/usr/lib' cannot possibly match
'/usr/x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu/lib'.

 I'm looking at 6.10 - are you looking at a different page ?

ĸen, still up, and apparently making off-topic progress using an
*old* bootloader version on ppc with LFS-7.4 :-)