[lfs-support] chroot into the temporary ...?

Aleksandar Kuktin akuktin at gmail.com
Tue Sep 24 18:49:36 PDT 2013

>On Wed, 25 Sep 2013 08:41:37 +0800 (CST)
>Wiky <wiiiky at yeah.net> wrote:
>
>  hi,
>     It reads 'That is, we chroot into the temporary mini Linux
> system, ..' in Section6.1 of LFS7.4. but when i run 'sudo
> chroot /mnt/lfs', it returns 'chroot: failed to run command
> `/bin/bash': No such file or directory'. Of course /mnt/lfs/bin/bash
> not exists and then I tried 'sudo chroot /mnt/lfs/tools', it also
> 'chroot: failed to run command `/bin/bash': No such file or
> directory',but /mnt/lfs/tools/bin/bash exists. I really have no idea
> with the problem,maybe I have missed something in Ch5?  Thanks in
> advance and sorry for my English.

You didn't specify which program should chroot exec() after it chroots
itself, so it did the default: tried to execute /bin/bash. Since there
is no such program (/mnt/lfs/bin/bash in the root filesystem), it
failed.

To fix this, you should specify which program should be executed. Like
this:

chroot /mnt/lfs /tools/bin/bash

But the full command is in Chapter 6.4. so look it up there.

--
You don't need an AI for a robot uprising.
Humans will do just fine.