[lfs-support] More control and package management using package users

hans kaper spakyelj at xs4all.nl
Mon Sep 23 12:51:34 PDT 2013

Op Mon, 23 Sep 2013 21:05:01 +0200 schreef Rob Taylor <rtaylor777 at gmail.com>:

> I have been working through LFS 7.2, 7.3 and 7.4 testing and revising scripts for this package management system.
>
> I have added a number of scripts and in some cases almost entirely rewritten the existing scripts. While I have tested >these scripts no one else has so, my version of this package should be considered Alpha or Beta at best.
>
> You can play with the revised project and see my notes here:
> https://www.javacrypt.com/lfs/
>
> I don't have a lot of time for development or support so use at your own risk and use the lists here or Google as a >resource if my replies seem rather slow.
>
> Enjoy,
> Robert Taylor

Looks impressive. I stopped using the  package management system; too much trouble and not enough benefits, but I still use scripts that are based on it. I will look into yours; maybe I can learn from it.

Another interesting piece of work on this subject you can find at https://github.com/ericherman/package-users.
There was also a discussion on this subject on this support site about two years ago, initiated by Drew Ames.

Hans.