[lfs-support] 6.17 GCC-4.7.2 error :(

Ken Moffat zarniwhoop at ntlworld.com
Sun Sep 1 08:32:11 PDT 2013

On Sat, Aug 31, 2013 at 06:50:35PM -0700, Pwn Me wrote:
> thanks for the reply.. all were marked as FAIL
>
> my processor is Intel® Core™2 Duo CPU T6400 @ 2.00GHz × 2
> i'm working in Linux Ubuntu 13.04
> i can't find the kernel version. :3

 And did you have anything listing the details from the tests ?  I'm
not familiar with libitm, but I assume that each test which fails
will create a file showing the expected result and the actual
result.

 The kernel version should be available from 'uname -r' but that
distro is recent enough.  Did you make the /bin/sh link to bash
before you started building LFS ?  If you are using dash as the
shell on the host, it can trigger all sorts of problems.  I'm not
expecting that to cause a problem in chroot, but your problem is
uncommon.

 Core 2 is a perfectly common i686 processor - I wondered if you
were running on something unusual.

ĸen