[lfs-support] Some BLFS Packages Before Making LFS-7.4 Bootable

hans kaper spakyelj at xs4all.nl
Thu Oct 31 13:14:37 PDT 2013

Op Thu, 31 Oct 2013 21:02:22 +0100 schreef Ken Moffat <zarniwhoop at ntlworld.com>:

> On Thu, Oct 31, 2013 at 02:28:27PM -0500, Dan McGhee wrote:
>> So that I can "hit the deck running" after I get my new system to boot,
>> I want to add a few packages, and their associated boot scripts, from
>> BLFS.  These are dhcpd, wpa-supplicant, libxml, libn, open-ssl and
>> d-bus.  I seem to remember reading somewhere, and I thought it was in
>> the LFS book, that it was OK to do what I'm thinking of.  I don't see
>> anything that will hinder my plan, but I thought I'd ask here where many
>> people know a lot more about this than I do.
>>
>> Anything to be careful of?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Dan
>>
>  There used to be some packages that gave problems if building in
> chroot.  But I don't remember what they were.  In the last couple of
> years I've done some complete builds in chroot while I sorted out
> changes to my build scripts, so I don't think you'll have any
> problems.  You might want to add a text browser so that you can read
> the BLFS book.

And Midnight Commander (MC) as a file-manager, which comes even with a small text-editor. I find it indispensable. MC ans its dependencies are easy to make and install.

Links is very good to browse the BLFS book. After you have installed it, it even starts from inside MC, clicking on the index-file.

Hans.