[lfs-support] Some BLFS Packages Before Making LFS-7.4 Bootable

Ken Moffat zarniwhoop at ntlworld.com
Thu Oct 31 13:02:22 PDT 2013

On Thu, Oct 31, 2013 at 02:28:27PM -0500, Dan McGhee wrote:
> So that I can "hit the deck running" after I get my new system to boot,
> I want to add a few packages, and their associated boot scripts, from
> BLFS.  These are dhcpd, wpa-supplicant, libxml, libn, open-ssl and
> d-bus.  I seem to remember reading somewhere, and I thought it was in
> the LFS book, that it was OK to do what I'm thinking of.  I don't see
> anything that will hinder my plan, but I thought I'd ask here where many
> people know a lot more about this than I do.
>
> Anything to be careful of?
>
> Thanks,
> Dan

 There used to be some packages that gave problems if building in
chroot.  But I don't remember what they were.  In the last couple of
years I've done some complete builds in chroot while I sorted out
changes to my build scripts, so I don't think you'll have any
problems.  You might want to add a text browser so that you can read
the BLFS book.

ĸen