[lfs-support] gcc tests

Richard r_j_humphreys at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Oct 31 06:28:09 PDT 2013

Hello again,

I have finally completed the leviathan task of my first gcc compilation and test.

I am encouraged to have only one unexpected failure outside libmudflap.

This leaves me with two questions.

1. How bad is that error? I have inferred that it is probably infrequent - but it does no harm to check...
(FAIL: g++.dg/asan/asan_test.C  -O2  AddressSanitizer_HugeMallocTest Ident((char*)malloc(size))[-1] = 0 output pattern test, should match is located 1 bytes to the left of 2726297600-byte)

2. Far more worryingly - have I somehow mishandled the tests? I am drawn to startling disparity in the test totals. Here is my gcc summary, based on source tarballs downloaded in the past week or so:

=== gcc Summary ===

# of expected passes92870
# of expected failures259
# of unsupported tests1096

and here is the corresponding section from http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/lfs/build-logs/stable/core2duo/test-logs/080-gcc (which I believe ran in August):
=== gcc Summary ===

# of expected passes93302
# of expected failures261
# of unsupported tests1368

Am I correct in thinking that I am missing 706 tests? Has the test suite really shrunk by 700 tests in the past 8 weeks?

Again, many thanks, R.