[lfs-support] Restart LFS Installation After Interruption (Section 6)

Yuan Cao yuancao85 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 22 08:12:09 PDT 2013

Hello,

I hope this is the right place for post this.

According to the note on section 6.4 Entering the Chroot Environment, I
would need to go through sections 6.2.2, 6.2.3 and then use the chroot
command as given in section 6.4, if I shut down my computer at any point in
section 6.

I hope you can add to the note in section 6.4 that a person might also need
to remount the partition by following the first 2 commands in section 2.4
Mounting the New Parition first to remount the partition.

After shutting down, and starting it up again, I kept getting errors when
trying instructions on sections 6.2.2 and 6.2.3. That's when I noticed that
/mnt/lfs was empty. When I mount my LFS partition, all my files came back.

This is probably too basic of a problem for most. But, I think it would be
a good idea to mention it for completeness sake.

Best Regards,

Yuan Cao