[lfs-support] Howto keep track....

Bruce Dubbs bruce.dubbs at gmail.com
Sun Oct 20 07:43:01 PDT 2013

Frans de Boer wrote:
> ...of changed/new files on http only sites like sourceforge.net?
>
> Keeping track of changed and new files on FTP sites is relative easy.
> However, HTTP sites is differently and made complicated because no page
> is the same and directory listings are not easy. In fact, I do not
> remember anymore how to get directory listings from HTTP servers. If
> that is possible and if it works mostly the same on every HTTP server, I
> can make a script to get it done.
>
> Since authors on LFS are probably using such a tool, what tool or
> mechanism I can try?

It's not easy.  I have custom scripts that basically address each
package.  Sometimes upstream blocks directory listings completely.
Sometimes you get into a situation where odd releases are stable and
even development or vice versa.  You can look at
http://anduin.linuxfromscratch.org/~bdubbs/lfs-latest-files.phps but
that is just an example and slightly out of date.

   -- Bruce