[lfs-support] Howto keep track....

Frans de Boer frans at fransdb.nl
Sun Oct 20 03:02:31 PDT 2013

...of changed/new files on http only sites like sourceforge.net?

Keeping track of changed and new files on FTP sites is relative easy.
However, HTTP sites is differently and made complicated because no page
is the same and directory listings are not easy. In fact, I do not
remember anymore how to get directory listings from HTTP servers. If
that is possible and if it works mostly the same on every HTTP server, I
can make a script to get it done.

Since authors on LFS are probably using such a tool, what tool or
mechanism I can try?

Regards,
Frans.