[lfs-support] More control and package management using package users

Rob Taylor rtaylor777 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 4 11:57:23 PDT 2013

I have updated the wrapper scripts to handle some new chmod functionality.
It now supports OCTAL-MODEs that are longer than 4 digits or have preceding
@ signs.
See:
https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/bug-coreutils/2012-03/txtWUJXdGwYNs.txt
Where it says: " chmod, mkdir, install now accept new style of octal mode
specification. When octal mode is preceeded by @ or is 5+ digits long with
leading zeros, it can clear the set user id and set group id bits on
directories."

Get the latest "more_control_helpers.tar.xz" file from
https://www.javacrypt.com/lfs/

Thanks,
Robert Taylor