[lfs-support] 6.17. GCC-4.8.1 - Linker search paths

Craig Magee psybertao at gmail.com
Tue Oct 1 12:23:27 PDT 2013

On 1 October 2013 22:14, William Harrington <kb0iic at berzerkula.org> wrote:

> On Sep 30, 2013, at 9:27 PM, Craig Magee wrote:
>

> > However, grep 'SEARCH.*/usr/lib' dummy.log |sed 's|; |\n|g' returns
> > only:
> > SEARCH_DIR("/usr/lib")
> > SEARCH_DIR("/lib");
>
> You may want to run:
>
> strings /usr/bin/ld | grep SEARCH_DIR
>
> If you did not install binutils, you will get the result above instead
> of what is at 6.17 in LFS 7.4
>
> Sincerely,
>
> William Harrington

I'm not sure where I went wrong, but you were on the right track there,
William.

Figuring I'd made a mistake somewhere along the toolchain I went back to
6.13. Binutils-2.23.2.  I'm not sure if I needed to rebuild the gmp, mpfr,
atd mpc libraries but did to be sure, and got up to running the gcc make
tests before passing out from sleep deprivation myself.
I get the expected result from the library search path toolchain test! :D

Thanks for your time and assistance, everyone.  And your ongoing support of
LFS.  It's highly valued.