[lfs-support] lfs 7.4 / Section 6 - Building the LFS System as sudo?

frozen tuesday frozen.tuesday at gmail.com
Fri Nov 29 10:56:17 PST 2013

Hello all --

Thanks to the help I have received here or elsewhere, I have made it as far
as section III in the online instructions: "Building the LFS System".

I am using Linux Mint 15 as my host computer which only allows me to "sudo"
before commands. I cannot log in as root (to my knowledge). The
instructions at the end of section 5 state:

"The commands in the remainder of this book must be performed while logged
in as user root and no longer as user lfs. Also, double check that $LFS is
set in root's environment."

Is it sufficient to sudo before every command in the rest of the book, or
do I need to find a way to log in as the user "root"?

Thanks.