[lfs-support] Host System Requirements LFS 7.4 with Mageia 3

alex at xfsmail.com alex at xfsmail.com
Fri Nov 29 10:36:06 PST 2013

On 2013-11-29 17:59, lfs65 at cruziero.com wrote:

> Your binutils
version is later than the max-recommended in the book's

host-sys-requirements ('7.4/prologue/hostreqs.html'):
> "Binutils-2.17
(Versions greater than 2.23.2 are not recommended as they have
> not
been tested)"

> However, we here have just recently built a few
(partly-)lfs74-based systems
> with a similar
'greater-than-max-recommended' versions in host-os for binutils
> and
gcc (and iirc one or two more core parts), and all was well; (although
they
> were quite heavily-customised builds, the toolchain part
(chapter-5) was

--

I will take the risk, I'm still new with Mageia, I installed a week
ago and maybe I will go back to Debian later. Thank you for letting me

# ALEX #