[lfs-support] Ethernet Card Not Found

Simon Geard delgarde at ihug.co.nz
Tue Nov 26 00:05:53 PST 2013

On Mon, 2013-11-25 at 20:18 -0600, Bruce Dubbs wrote:
> I know the answer to that one.  To ensure that really big iron with many
> ethernet devices will not have ethx assigned in random order due to race
> conditions.  It probably comes up more frequently when using systemd
> which launches processes during boot up in parallel.
>
> In other words, a solution for the 1% that need it forced on the 99% who
> don't.

But really, what's wrong with it? All the melodrama, talking about
"abominations" and complaining about Lennart breaking things - but
what's actually wrong with it, that makes that 1% solution a problem for
you?

Because it's not something I'd even notice - I've no idea what the
network device on this machine is called, because I've never needed to
know it, other than when I first set it up an age ago. What do you do
differently, that the new naming convention can annoy you so much?

Simon.