[lfs-support] Ethernet Card Not Found

Bruce Dubbs bruce.dubbs at gmail.com
Mon Nov 25 18:00:50 PST 2013

Fernando de Oliveira wrote:
> Em 25-11-2013 22:37, Bruce Dubbs escreveu:
>> Alan Feuerbacher wrote:
>
>> $ cat /etc/resolv.conf
>> domain linuxfromscratch.org
>> nameserver 8.8.4.4
>> nameserver 8.8.8.8
>
> Bruce, I use OpenDNS:
>
> 208.67.222.222
> 208.67.220.220
>
> I am telling it because I thing it is better something "Open" than
> google. But i am not sure at all about it, is it really "Open"? Please,
> what is your opinion?

I don't know if one is better than the other.  I'm quite sure that
Google ties my DNS lookups to my IP address and uses that for targeting
advertisements, but then again, they do the same thing for my email
account.  I don't care.  I just assume that any ISP is basically doing
the same thing and act accordingly.

   -- Bruce

P.S.
Q: How do you get the NSA to read the Constitution?
A: Include it in your email.

Fourth Amendment to the United States Constitution

supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place
to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.

Unfortunately, this does not apply to private parties like ISPs.