[lfs-support] LFS 7.4 / 5.5 GCC Pass 1 Question

Kenan Regez kregez at outlook.com
Sun Nov 24 13:01:24 PST 2013

Hi,

It is my first try to build LFS im really excited about the project but
i have got a question about the step GCC 4.8.1.

I run into the same error many times when i run "make". I followed every
step in the book, i untared the gmp, mpfr and mpc into my gcc-4.8.1 dir,
as written in the book i renamed the folders.

Now after spending some hours to find the problem i did this another way
which worked but im unsure if it legit to use the way i did.

I got allways this error:

|checkingfor  MPFR...  no
configure:  error:  libmpfr not found or uses a different ABI.
make[1]:  ***  [configure-mpc]  Error  1|

Then i thougt of another way and installed the 3 tarballs into my /opt/
dir, everything worked fine no errors. After that i did run

../gcc-4.8.1/configure
--target=$LFS_TGT
--prefix=/tools
--with-sysroot=$LFS
--with-newlib
--without-headers
--with-local-prefix=/tools
--with-native-system-header-dir=/tools/include
--disable-nls
--disable-shared
--disable-multilib
--disable-decimal-float
--disable-threads
--disable-libatomic
--disable-libgomp
--disable-libitm
--disable-libmudflap
--disable-libquadmath
--disable-libsanitizer
--disable-libssp
--disable-libstdc++-v3
--enable-languages=c,c++
--with-gmp=/opt/gmp-5.1.3 --with-mpfr=/opt/mpfr-3.1.2
--with-mpc=/opt/mpc-1.0.1

there was no error while make and make install, but im unsure if i got
the same result and if i can safely go to the next step.

I did not found information on the internet about that, i think it
should  be the same result but iam relatively new to linux and all the
backgrounds.

Thank you for all tipps you can give me

Kenan