[lfs-support] make error / nptl/tst-cond25 / LFS 7.4 / 6.9. Glibc-2.18 / Ubuntu 12.04 LTS

Ron Hartikka hartikka at gmail.com
Sun Nov 24 08:12:45 PST 2013

> A subshell, including any executing program, cannot affect a parent
> shell.  That's part of the Unix design.

Yikes. Sorry.
I should know that. I DO know that.
Thank you for your patience there.

I just looked through ch 5.
No vars are set - except at the beginning of command lines.
All that logging in an out in the video is unnecessary.

By the way, the first video in that series has some deviations from 7.4/vii.
He proceeds with gawk-3.18 (but needs Gawk-4.0.1.
*)*He proceeds without establishing the 3 links (awk, yacc, sh).
I am in touch with him and he's correcting this.