[lfs-support] LFS 7.3 Screen Flickering problem

Dan McGhee beesnees at grm.net
Fri Nov 22 08:33:50 PST 2013

On 11/22/2013 10:23 AM, Douglas R. Reno wrote:

> Dan,
>
> If I were able to export the contents of dmesg to a file, could I use
> grep to sift through it faster?

First of all, let me gently remind you about top posting on this list.
Please don't do it.

Dmesg is nothing more than the kernel log.  It already exists in a
file.  Dmesg is only, I think, for the current boot and it updates at
each kernel event.  If it's easier for you to go to a file, then go
ahead.  The slowness is a function of your ability to read, recognize
and comprehend.  So whatever helps you the most.
Dan