[lfs-support] LFS 7.3 Screen Flickering problem

Douglas R. Reno renodr2002 at gmail.com
Fri Nov 22 07:17:16 PST 2013

Hello,

After completing a successful build of LFS, I restart to get into the
system for the first time and my screen turns black and then comes back on
for about 1 second.

I have a NVidia Vanta LT card in my PC. I am using the Nouveau drivers for
the framebuffer, as I plan to install X. I have Nouveau configured as well
in the kernel.

I can tell that the system booted successfully, but I have already tried
various options in kernel configuration (such as Generic VESA). I would
also like to keep my bootlogo, but I am willing to remove it if necessary.

The system appears to have issues detecting the card because of the
resolution (it stays at about 640x480). I have booted several LiveCDs
(Ubuntu and System Rescue CD) successfully without this problem.

Host: System Rescue CD (added bison to image)
NOTE: this system is i686
Compaq Presario 5230us if that helps.

Thank you,

Douglas Reno