[lfs-support] Good Results with LFS and EFI

Dan McGhee beesnees at grm.net
Mon Nov 18 09:13:16 PST 2013

On 11/18/2013 10:54 AM, Bruce Dubbs wrote:

> I monitor the grub-devel mailing list and there is a lot of activity
> discussing UEFI.  This seems to be an important issue.  What I'd like to
> do is have GRUB load and then be able to load whatever I want to
> whatever partition I specify without having to rebuild a kernel every
> time.  I also like having the command line capability of GRUB.
I agree with you. GRUB is a great tool, and I also believe that it's in
a state of transition. Using GRUB you can do what you want from the menu
except boot your own LFS. :) And, you're right about the kernels. I've
spent the majority of two days configuring kernels. yuk. I just wish I
knew C so that I could understand what's going on at the dev level of grub.

> Right now I think GRUB on UEFI are really bleeding edge.  I can't
> participate directly because I don't have the HW but I think your work
> is important for LFS.  It is, at a minimum, a good transition to what
> will end up being a stable solution.

Thanks for the vote of confidence.

Dan