[lfs-support] umount: mountpoint not found - SOLVED

Ken Moffat zarniwhoop at ntlworld.com
Sun Nov 17 10:52:31 PST 2013

On Sun, Nov 17, 2013 at 05:35:32PM +0000, Ken Moffat wrote:

>  That commit is in util-linux-2.24, which works for me.  I'm not sure
> if the problem also applied to 2.23.1 (I don't have any systems
> using that), but 2.23 was OK.
>
> ĸen, currently upgrading all my 7.4-and-newer systems.

 After further testing, all 6 of my x86_64 systems (4 machines)
showed the problem, but my sole i686 (and also my ppc-32) did not.

 The commit message from Dave Reisner at Arch says
"When unmounting some mountpoints as an unprivileged user (via the
'user' option in fstab), the umount fails."

 I'm now guessing that "some" might mean "x86_64".

ĸen