[lfs-support] SOLVED: lfs 7.4 section 5.9.1. Installation of Binutils error: Cannot run C compiled programs
lfs65 at cruziero.com
Wed Nov 13 04:55:52 PST 2013
> Date: Wed, 13 Nov 2013 07:20:38 -0500
> From: Ron Hartikka <hartikka at gmail.com>
> To: LFS Support List <lfs-support at linuxfromscratch.org>
> Subject: Re: [lfs-support] SOLVED: lfs 7.4 section 5.9.1. Installation of
> Binutils error: Cannot run C compiled programs
> Even supposing the HTML looks innocent, I'm wondering if there are other
> ways for a multi-line selection to get corrupted.
> I experimented with the configure command in 7.4/5.9 Binutils.
> I was convinced that the method didn't work there in my situation.
> I'll repeat this later.
Try to see what you're actually pasting.
What happens if you do:
(1) highlight & copy the text using the same method - i.e. same mouse buttons,
same source of text (html/pdf/...), same environment (terminal/browser/...),
etc - as when it went wrong.
(2) vi -i
(3) do the paste using the same method - i.e. use same mouse button (I think you
said middle-click), etc - as when it had gone wrong.
(4) save to a filename /tmp/tstpst or similar.
(5) cat -A /tmp/tstpst # or 'od -c /tmp/tstpst', or similar.
(6) Post here the output from preceding step; delimit it above & below with
(7) Does the output from step '(5)' look clean?
More information about the lfs-support