[lfs-support] gcc tests

Richard r_j_humphreys at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Nov 1 03:01:42 PDT 2013

>________________________________
> From: William Harrington <kb0iic at berzerkula.org>
>To: Richard <r_j_humphreys at yahoo.co.uk>; LFS Support List <lfs-support at linuxfromscratch.org>
>> # of expected passes92870
>> # of expected failures259
>> # of unsupported tests1096
># of expected passes            92152
># of expected failures          263
># of unsupported tests          1283
># of expected passes        93302
># of expected failures        261
># of unsupported tests        1368

Thanks for the info.

So, at the risk of sounding irretrievably stupid, why are there differing number of tests for the same source? I could understand two separate builds on different hardware having different numbers of unsupported tests, but I was expecting the totals to still be the same. Unless I have mistyped or my mathematics has completely left me:

92870 + 259 + 1096 = 94225

92152 + 263 + 1283 = 93698

93302 + 261 + 1368 = 94931

I'm struggling to understand why we have differing numbers of tests for the same package.

(In fairness, the point is now somewhat moot since I have gone ahead with the install - I am just trying to get a better understanding of things. My reasons for attempting LFS are as much educational as practical.)

Again, many thanks, R.