[lfs-support] Some BLFS Packages Before Making LFS-7.4 Bootable

Simon Geard delgarde at ihug.co.nz
Fri Nov 1 00:55:11 PDT 2013

On Thu, 2013-10-31 at 20:02 +0000, Ken Moffat wrote:
>  There used to be some packages that gave problems if building in
> chroot.  But I don't remember what they were.

Basically, anything that cares about the running kernel, such as
third-party driver packages - they usually try to find the source
directory of the current kernel to build against, which obviously will
break when that kernel is from the host distro. Such packages can
usually be told to use a specific version instead.

Apart from that, there used to be a few packages that broke if there
wasn't a running dbus instance, since they were trying to use it to get
introspection data. I've not seen one of those for a long time though,
so probably not a concern.

Simon.