[lfs-support] gcc compile error in lfs 7.3

Ken Moffat zarniwhoop at ntlworld.com
Sun Mar 24 13:21:02 PDT 2013

On Sun, Mar 24, 2013 at 03:04:28PM -0500, Bruce Dubbs wrote:
> سید احمد حسینی wrote:
> > Hi FriendsI came across this error while compiling linux:
> > checking for a BSD-compatible install...
>

> > Please guide me
>
> Your post is unreadable.  Send messages in text mode.
>
>    -- Bruce

 Agreed, but I happen to be on a desktop so on this occasion I'll
paste the error:
configure: error: Link tests are not allowed after GCC_NO_EXECUTABLES

 We had someone asking this recently.  From memory, that message
comes from trying to build g++ or libstdc++.  I'm guessing that the
OP is in the first pass of gcc [ سید احمد حسین : when you ask for
help, please explain where you are in the book, and which version of
it ].  If that assumption is correct, the OP has probably omitted the
line --enable-languages=c from the configure command.

 Among the earlier unreadable text (no new lines in what was posted,
so everything runs together which is just _weird_) I can see
checking for gawk... mawk
That is not going to work.  Please read 'Host System Requirtements'
in the preface.

ĸen