[lfs-support] CoreUtils 8.21 - test-getlogin fails for su'ed user

Samir Seth samirkseth at gmail.com
Fri Mar 22 23:14:01 PDT 2013

Hi

Following LFS 7.3 instructions. I am logged in with user "foo", and the su
into lfs user for the LFS build instructions.

While building CoreUtils 8.21 i see one test failure. On debugging, i find
that the failure is that getlogin() is returning "foo", while
getenv("LOGNAME") is returning "lfs". Hence test assertion is failing.

Is this

a) expected behaviour, and can I ignore the error?
b) a bug which needs reporting or
c) am I wrong in working with an su'ed user login

regards
samir