[lfs-support] Configuring the Linux Console for Japanese Environment (LFS 7.0)

Andi Blacktigerbro bl4cktig3rbro at gmail.com
Tue Mar 19 11:06:51 PDT 2013

I'm trying to build LFS with fully supported Japanese Environment and can
be switched into English, but only use US-EN keyboard input and for
Japanese input I prefer to use Anthy/SCIM
Now I'm on chapter 7.10. Configuring the Linux Console - LFS 7.0 but I have
problem chossing the KEYMAP
Should I use this
-----------
cat > /etc/sysconfig/console << "EOF"
# Begin /etc/sysconfig/console

KEYMAP="jp106"

# End /etc/sysconfig/console
EOF
or maybe just US-EN KEYMAP or something else? but the console at later time
should able to display hiragana, katakana, and kanji characters.

--
[Andi is your brother]