[lfs-support] lfs 7.2 GCC Compilation Correction for x86-64 bit

Prasanna Kumar psathiya1987 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 12 03:15:34 PDT 2013

In Section 6.17 Installation Of GCC

The tutorial is in such a way that we set -fomit-frame-pointer to ensure
consistency only in the case of i?86 architectures.

But this should be added for 64 bit architectures also.

Please note in Section 5.9 - We add the -fomit-frame-pointer irrespective
of architectures during gcc compilation.

I tried without the frame-pointer during which the gcc compiled but I
didnot get expected results in the dummy.log .

--
Regards,

Prasanna Kumar V.S.