[lfs-support] I cannot build the kernel

Jean-Philippe MENGUAL jmengual at linuxfromscratch.org
Sun Mar 10 19:04:39 PDT 2013

Hi,

Maybe I made too quickly the system, so I plan to start again from scratch.
But maybe I can understand 9hat happens before: in the kernel, when I do make,
I get:

  SYSHDR  arch/x86/syscalls/../include/generated/uapi/asm/unistd_x32.h
  HOSTCC  scripts/basic/fixdep
  gcc: error trying to exec 'cc1': execvp: No such file or directory
  make[1]: *** [scripts/basic/fixdep] Error 1 make: *** [scripts_basic] Error 2

I've never had such error building my kernel. Can I rescue anything? Otherwise
I will re-build the system. However I thought everything installed fine (tests
finished without errors).

Well if you've an idea...

Regards,

JP