[lfs-support] GCC_NO_EXECUTABLES make error

Ken Moffat zarniwhoop at ntlworld.com
Fri Mar 8 14:15:13 PST 2013

On Fri, Mar 08, 2013 at 02:12:37AM -0500, stosss wrote:
> On Fri, Mar 8, 2013 at 1:31 AM, Colin Bissbort <darthhaxor at hotmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > Basically, every single time I get nearly done with the make this is what I
> > get:
> >
> > checking dynamic linker characteristics... configure: error: Link tests are
> > not allowed after GCC_NO_EXECUTABLES.
> > make[1]: *** [configure-target-libstdc++-v3] Error 1
> > make[1]: Leaving directory `/mnt/lfs/sources/gcc-build'
> > make: *** [all] Error 2
> >
> > Everybody that has this problem gets it the exact same. I can't seem to find
> > a solution. And yes I am using the stable version of the book, and that is
> > why i am very concerned.
> >

> We can help better by telling us which version of the stable book and
> provide us with the host you are using and the print out of the
> version-check.sh script found in Host System Requirements in the
> beginning of the book before chapter 1. I am using the NOCHUNKS
> version so I don't know the page number and I didn't see a section
> number either.
>
> That will help spot your trouble and provide a solution.

 Please see my reply to an apparently similar problem last October,
archived at http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.linux.lfs.support/35466
i.e. check the host system requirements, ensure you don't try to
build libstdc++ in the first (pseudo cross-compile) pass of gcc, and
use a freshly untarred gcc tarball and empty gcc-build directory if
this is the second pass.

ĸen