[lfs-support] GCC_NO_EXECUTABLES make error

Colin Bissbort darthhaxor at hotmail.com
Thu Mar 7 22:31:05 PST 2013

Ok, so this is my first time asking the mailing list about this error but not my first time encountering it. I have tried all that i know (which isn't much to be honest) to get around this craptastic error. I've spent hours and hours googling and nothing has helped me solve it.

Basically, every single time I get nearly done with the make this is what I get:

checking dynamic linker characteristics... configure: error: Link tests are
not allowed after GCC_NO_EXECUTABLES.
make[1]: *** [configure-target-libstdc++-v3] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/mnt/lfs/sources/gcc-build'
make: *** [all] Error 2Everybody that has this problem gets it the exact same. I can't seem to find a solution. And yes I am using the stable version of the book, and that is why i am very concerned.

ANY help whatsoever would be extremely appreciated.