[lfs-support] Problem with locales

Clément Hertling (Wxcafé) wxcafe at wxcafe.net
Sat Mar 2 17:06:02 PST 2013

Hey,
I've got a problem with locales on my in-progress installation of LFS.
I'm at the end of the 6), and the problem is, i can't seem to get utf8
to work. I installed all the locales by running "make
localedata/install-locales" at step 6.9.1), and everything seems to have
been generated just fine. The /usr/lib/locale/locale-archive file
exists, and the lib64 one too.
This is what i get :

>[root at nuada-airgetlam]/ # locale -a | grep en_US
>en_US
>en_US.iso88591
>en_US.utf8
>[root at nuada-airgetlam]/ # export LC_ALL="en_US.utf8"
>bash: warning: setlocale: LC_ALL: cannot change locale (en_US.utf8)

And at that point, utf8 is not on.
Anyone having a clue? I'm waiting for suggestions.
Thanks

--

Clément Hertling (Wxcafe)